Beef and Italian Sausage Lasagna
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 pkg Lasagna Noodles, cooked al dente in Boiling Salted Water, and drained
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Sausage, casings removed
- 4 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 3 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 (16 Oz Each) Tomato Sauce
- 20 Leaves of parsley
- 1 pkg Pepperoni, 8-12 oz
- 8 Plum Tomatoes, sliced thin
- 8 black olives
In a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage, sliced black olives and diced tomatoes over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
Set aside 1 cup spaghetti sauce; stir remaining sauce into meat mixture. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened.
Remove from the heat.
Spread the meat sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
Top with three noodles, cheddar cheese, 1-1/2 teaspoons Ground pepper and Oregano
Layer with remaining noodles and reserved spaghetti sauce; sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining Ground Pepper and Oergano
Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes more or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.