Beef Kebabs With Parmesan Orzo
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless beef top sirloin, cut 1 inch thick
- 3 red or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 1/2 Tbs. light Italian dressing
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 C. orzo
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 Tbs. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. olive oil
Kebabs: Cut beef into 1 1/4-inch pieces. In a large bowl, toss beef and peppers with basil, Italian dressing and garlic. Alternately thread beef and peppers onto 6 metal skewers. Grill, uncovered, on medium 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare to medium, turning occasionally.
For orzo: Cook according to directions; drain. Toss with parsley, Parmesan and olive oil. Keep warm and set aside.
To serve: Place orzo on a large platter and top with 4 kebabs.(Reserve 2 kebabs for later.)
Makes 6 kebabs and 4 servings orzo