Beef & Mushroom Dijon
Serving Size / Yield
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 C. sliced mushrooms (about 6 oz.)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 C.)
- 1 boneless beef sirloin steak, 3/4-inch thick (about 3/4 lb.), cut into strips
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or Healthy Request®)
- 1/2 C. water
- 2 Tbs. Dijon-style mustard
- 4 C. hot cooked rice, cooked without salt
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Spray a 10-inch skillet with the cooking spray and heat over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook until they're tender. Remove the vegetables from the skillet. Remove the skillet from the heat.
Spray the skillet with the cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the beef and cook until it's well browned, stirring often. Pour off any fat. Stir the soup, water, mustard and vegetables in the skillet and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Toss the rice with the parsley, if desired. Serve the beef mixture with the rice.
RECIPE TIPS: To make slicing easier, freeze the beef for 1 hour.
This recipe is brought to you by Campbell's®. Make Great Meals. Get Great Smiles. It's Amazing What Soup Can Do