Beefy Pizza Casserole
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 C. chopped green bell pepper
- 4 tsp. dried Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/4 C. all-purpose flour
- 1 26 oz. jar pasta sauce
- 2 C. 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 13.8 oz. can refrigerated pizza crust or 1 11.3 oz. refrigerated pizza
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
Cook first 3 ingredients and 3 tsp. Italian seasoning in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well, and return to skillet. Add 1/4 C. flour, stirring until blended. Stir in pasta sauce. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with 1 1/2 C. mozzarella cheese.
Unroll pizza crust, and place on top of cheese. (Tuck edges into baking dish, if necessary.) Brush with olive oil, and sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 C. mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and remaining 1 tsp. Italian seasoning. Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: 8 servings