Beer and Molasses Barbecue Sauce
- 1 1/4 C. bottled chili sauce
- 3/4 C. light molasses (mild-flavored)
- 3/4 C. beer
- 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs. chili powder
- 2 tsp. (or to taste) Tabasco
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. hickory-flavored liquid smoke
Mix all ingredients in heavy medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer until sauce thickens and is reduced to 2 C., stirring frequently, about 15 minutes. Cool completely before using.
Note: This can be made up to a week ahead. Cover and chill.
Yield: 2 cups