Better Than Any Sushi Restaurant Copycat California Roll Recipe
Serving Size / Yield
- 3 1/2 C. cooked sushi rice
- 5 1/3 tablespoons vinegar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 10 sheets seaweed, halved
- 1/2 pound imitation crab, cut into long, thin pieces
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and julienne
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, and cut into long, thin pieces
- Sesame seeds
- Store bought soy sauce for dipping, (optional)
Begin by making the sushi vinegar. Pour the vinegar, sugar and salt into a pan under low heat. Heat until the sugar and salt have dissolved. Then pour over the cooked rice and mix together gently.
Over a sushi rolling mat (with plastic) place half of the sheet of seaweed. Place a handful of rice across the seaweed and gently spread evenly. Toss the imitation crab with mayonnaise in a small bowl and mix together. Then place the crab mix along the center of the rice. Add some cucumber and avocado along the center of the rice. Finally, using the mat and plastic wrap, begin to roll the rice around the filling and press lightly to seal. Remove the mat and plastic and sprinkle the roll with sesame seeds. Lastly, cut the sushi roll into bite sized pieces and enjoy.