Big Boy Nachos
- 1/2 lb. bulk Italian turkey sausage or bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1/4 C. chopped onion
- 1/4 C. chopped green or red sweet pepper
- 1 (8-oz.) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 C. thick-and-chunky salsa
- 6 C. tortilla chips
- 2 C. shredded Colby jack cheese
- Guacamole dip, optional
- Sliced ripe olives, optional
Combine sausage, onion, and sweet peppers in a skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes or until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender. Drain well. Stir in beans and salsa; cook until heated through. Arrange half the chips on a 12-inch round microwave-safe platter. Spoon half the sausage mixture evenly over chips. Top with half the cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts, giving the dish a half-turn once. Top with guacamole dip and sliced ripe olives, if desired. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve warm.
Makes 16 servings.