Bite-Size Chocolate Banana Chip Muffins
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 C. all-purpose flour
- 1 C. whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 C. granulated sugar
- 1/4 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 C. milk
- 1 C. banana, ripe & mashed (about 2)
- 1/4 C. butter, melted (could also use margarine)
- 1/2 C. miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 Celcius). Butter/spray nonstick miniature muffin pans or line with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In another bowl, whisk together sugar and cocoa; whisk in egg, milk, bananas and melted butter. Pour over dry ingredients and sprinkle with chocolate chips; stir until just moistened.
4. Spoon into prepared muffin pans, mounding as necessary to fill 24 deep cups or 36 shallow cups (I used a very small muffin tin, and was able to get 48 muffins out of one batch).
5. Bake, in batches as necessary, for 15 to 18 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool completely.