Bite-Size Goat Cheese and Mushroom Breakfast Burritos
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 eggs
- 1 splash of milk
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 small flour tortillas
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 C. chopped mushrooms
- 1 C. chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 C. crumbled goat cheese (may be substituted for other cheese if preferred)
- 2 sprigs of cilantro
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the splash of milk, and whisk them together with a whisk or fork. The milk will make the eggs a little more fluffy. Set aside.
2. Saute the onions and mushrooms in olive oil until the onions become translucent and the mushrooms get browned. Then add the eggs and scramble all the ingredients together.
3. While the eggs are cooking, “toast” the tortillas on an open burner with a low flame, turning over periodically with a pair of tongs.
4. When the eggs are done and the tortillas are warmed, assemble the mini burrito by dividing the ingredients between the two tortillas-egg, mushroom, and onion mixture, then tomatoes, goat cheese, cilantro, and the salt and pepper. Feel free to add salsa or hot sauce if you like.