Serving Size / Yield
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1 tsp. anise seeds
- 1 C. butter, softened
- 2 1/3 C. all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. cinnamon
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into a small food processor. Add sugar, and anise seeds; cover and pulse to combine.
- Beat butter on medium peed for 30 seconds. Add sugar mixture. Beat until fluffy.
- Beat in flour and salt until combined.
- Divide dough in half. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll half the dough at a time to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut out dough using cookie cutters.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 35 -40 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and let cool.
Around The Web