Black Bean and Avocado Salad with Cilantro Dressing
Serving Size / Yield
- Cilantro Dressing:
- 2 limes
- 1/4 C. light mayonnaise
- 1/2 C. packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbs. reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 sm. head romaine lettuce, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 med. tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 Kirby cucumbers, unpeeled, each cut lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 15-19 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
Prepare dressing: From limes, grate 1/2 teaspoon peel and squeeze 3 tablespoons juice. In blender, combine lime peel and juice, mayonnaise, cilantro , sour cream, cumin, sugar, salt and pepper and puree, occasionally scraping down sides of blender, until smooth. Cover and refrigerate if not using right away. Makes about 1/2 C.
Prepare salad: In large serving bowl, combine romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado and beans. Add dressing and toss until evenly coated.
Each serving: About 230 calories, 9g protein, 34g carbohydrate, 10g total fat (2g sat.), 3mg cholesterol, 520mg sodium.