Black Bean and Corn Burritos
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 can (15 to 19 oz.) black beans, rinsed, drained and coarsely mashed
- 1 15-oz. can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 3 Tbs. sliced pickled jalapeno chiles, drained and chopped
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas, warmed
- 2 C. thinly sliced or chopped lettuce
- 2 med. tomatoes, chopped
- 1 C. shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- sour cream
In 3-quart saucepan, toast chili powder over medium heat until fragrant, about 1minute. Stir in black beans, corn and jalapeno chiles; cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is hot, 3 to 4 minutes.
Spoon one-fourth of bean mixture into center of each tortilla; top each with one-fourth of lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. Fold two opposite sides of each tortilla over filling, then fold over the other sides to form a package. Serve with sour cream, if you like.
Each serving (without sour cream): About 490 calories, 20g protein, 75g carbohydrate, 15g total fat (7g sat.), 25mg cholesterol, 985mg sodium.