Black Bean and Kielbasa Soup
- 1 C. celery, finely chopped
- 1 C. onion, chopped
- 1/2 C. green or red bell poppers, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 lb. Polska Kielbasa, diced (bite-sized)
- 5 15-oz. cans black beans
- 1 C. vegetable juice
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. cilantro
In large stockpot, cover bottom with olive oil and brown diced Kielbasa. Add celery and onion (and optional peppers); cook until tender. Add remaining ingredients (add water to cans to get all of the bean juice and add to pot). Simmer until beans are tender, adding more V-8 juice or water as needed.
Best if made a couple days ahead of time and reheated. Can garnish with sour cream, chopped green onions.