Blood Orange Margarita
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/2 C. water
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- 1 pinch Sugar
- 2 oz. Orange liqueur
- 2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 3 oz. blood orange juice (2-3 oranges)
- 3 oz. tequila, preferably reposado
- salt for the rim, lime/orange wedges for garnish
1. Make a simple syrup by combining water and sugar over medium high heat. Heat until sugar is dissolved; remove from heat and let cool.
2. Combine equal parts of salt and sugar and spread on a saucer. Rub the rim of each glass with a lime wedge and then dip the edge into the salt/sugar combination.
3. Combine 3 oz of simple syrup with orange liqueur, lime juice, blood orange juice and tequila in a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake for approximately 30 second until ice cold.
4. Fill glasses with ice and pour mixture into the glasses. Garnish with an orange slice and lime section.