Blue Cheese and Ricotta Dip
- 1 15 oz. container low-fat ricotta cheese
- 8 oz. favorite blue cheese, such as Gorgonzola, crumbled (about 2 C.)
- 2 Tbs. apple cider or milk
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Snipped fresh chives or favorite herbs
- Green and red apple slices
- Breadsticks or crackers
Allow the ricotta and blue cheese to stand at room temperature for 1 hour. In a medium bowl stir together the cheeses and mash them with a fork until they are well combined. Stir in the apple cider. Add pepper to taste. Spoon the dip into a serving bowl or hollowed-out small squash. Sprinkle the chives or herbs on top. Surround the dip with apple slices and an assortment of crackers.
Make this dip one day in advance, minus the herbs, and refrigerate overnight.
From: Better Homes & Gardens magazine, October 2004Â