Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 C. sugar
- 1 C. Butter, melted
- 4 Eggs
- 4 tsp. gluten-free vanilla
- 3 C. Gluten-Free Flour Blend (see below)*
- 2 tsp. gluten-free baking powder
- 1 C. milk
- Zest of 1 lemon (about 1 Tbs.)
- 1/4 C. of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 C. blueberries
- 1/2 C. sifted powdered sugar
- 4 tsp. lemon juice
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 12-cup Bundt® or 10-inch angel food cake (tube) pan; sprinkle with gluten-free flour blend. Set aside.
2. Combine sugar and melted butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
3. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla; beat until well mixed. Add lemon zest and lemon juice until combined. 4. Stir together gluten-free flour blend and baking powder in small bowl. Gradually add flour blend mixture alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating at low speed until well mixed. Fold in the blueberries.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Add the glaze.
Glaze: Combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over the cake.
*Gluten-Free Flour Blend: To make flour blend, combine 2 cups rice flour, 2/3 cup potato starch, 1/3 cup tapioca flour and 1 teaspoon xanthan gum. Use appropriate amount for recipe; store remainder in container with tight-fitting lid. Stir before using.