Bo's Beef Stew
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 lb. beef, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, cut into 1" pieces
- 4 potatoes, chopped
- 2 c. green beans, trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 3 c. beef broth
- 1 c. dark beer
- 1 Tblsp. olive oil
- Pepper and Salt for taste
- 1/4 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley leaves
Heat a medium sized pot over medium high heat. Add the oil and the beef and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is browned.
Pour in the beer and broth and use the spoon to scrape the bits of browned meat from the bottom of the pot. Add the carrots, green beans and potatoes to the stew, as well as the oregano and garlic.
Transfer everything to a crockpot and cook on low for 3 hours or until the vegetables are tender.