Bowties with Zucchini
- 1 lb. bowtie pasta
- 1/4 C. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 1 C. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 C. fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 C. fresh basil leaves, shredded
Cook bowties according to package directions and drain. Reserve a couple of ladles of the cooking water, however.
Heat a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add oil and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add zucchini and cook for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then add cooking water. Drain pasta and add to zucchini. Toss with cheese and turn off heat. Toss for 2 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Serve with basil on top.