Bread Cups Filled With Veggies
Serving Size / Yield
- 12 slices of light extra fiber bread
- 1 C. low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2/3 C. liquid egg substitute
- 1 (10-oz.) pkg. thawed chopped spinach, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 (14-oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tsp. red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray muffin-pan cups with cooking spray. Press the bread slices into the muffin cups. Spray the bread lightly with vegetable spray.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cups are lightly browned. Remove pan.
Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Stir 1/2 C. cheese, egg substitute, spinach, artichoke hearts, bell pepper, basil, garlic powder and red pepper in a medium bowl. Spoon mixture into the bread cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the filling is set. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Serve immediately.