Broccoli Avocado Soup
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallow, minced
- 4 C. vegetable broth
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 6 C. fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tbs. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
Warm olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add in shallots and cook for 3 minutes or until tender. Mix in garlic, vegetable stock and potatoes. Cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Mix in broccoli and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Stir in avocado. Transfer mixture to a blender. Blend for until smooth.
Add in salt, onion powder, ground pepper, chili powder and lemon juice. Stir until ingredients are well combined.