- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 C. thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried oregano or 2 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried basil or 2 tsp. fresh basil, chopped
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 C. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 C. ricotta cheese
- 1 C. mozzarella cheese, divided
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and well drained
- 3 C. chopped broccoli (about 1 large bunch), cooked and well drained
- 1 to 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and mushrooms; cook and stir about 5 minutes, until mushrooms are browned and beginning to release liquid. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, vinegar, oregano, basil and pepper flakes. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, while preparing the rest of the recipe.
In a medium bowl, combine parsley, ricotta, and mozzarella. Place 3 lasagna noodles in bottom of baking pan. (Trim to fit.) Spread half the ricotta mixture over noodles. Layer half of broccoli over ricotta mixture. Spoon about 1/3 tomato mixture over the broccoli. Repeat layer. Place last three noodles over second layer; spread remaining tomato mixture over noodles. Cover with foil that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Bake 25 minutes. Uncover. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand at least 10 minutes before serving.