- 1 1/2 lb. broccoli, cut into bit-size pieces
- 2 C. uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 14-oz. can vegetable broth
- 1 11-oz. can condensed cream of broccoli soup
- 1 2-oz. jar diced pimientos, drained
- 2 Tbs. firm butter or margarine
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 C. Original Bisquick mix
Heat oven to 425 degrees. In 2-quart saucepan, heat 1 inch water to boiling. Add broccoli; return to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook about 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
In ungreased 2-quart casserole, mix broccoli, rice, broth, soup, pimientos and pepper. Cover; bake 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, cut butter into Bisquick mix until crumbly. Sprinkle crumbly mixture over broccoli mixture; bake uncovered 8 to 10 minutes longer or until top is light brown.