Broiled Sole with Lemon, Tomato and Capers
Serving Size / Yield
- two 4-oz. sole fillets
- lemon pepper seasoning to taste
- 1 sm. firm, ripe tomato, finely diced
- 1 tsp. capers, rinsed and well drained
- 1/4 tsp. crushed dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 4 thin slices of lemon, optional garnish
Rinse fillets and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle to taste with lemon pepper seasoning. Place fish in single layer in small baking dish.
In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients except lemon slices. Spoon mixture onto fillets, dividing equally and spreading mixture out slightly. Broil 4 inches from heat source, without turning fish, for 5 to 6 minutes, until fish flakes easily. Garnish each serving with 2 lemon slices if desired.