Burning Flame Café
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 1/2 tsp. butter
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 dash each ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves
- 4 orange peel strips (1 to 3 in.)
- 3 oz. cognac or brandy
- 2 C. strong brewed coffee
- 2 Tbs. packed brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 C. sweetened whipped cream, optional
In a small skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the vanilla, spices, and orange peel. Remove from the heat; add cognac. Return pan to the heat and carefully ignite cognac mixture. Slowly pour brewed coffee over flames to extinguish. Discard orange peel; stir in brown sugar until blended. Ladle into mugs. Serve immediately with cinnamon sticks and whipped cream if desired.
This recipe was provided by Fresh Home Blog.