Butter Pound Cake
5 min preparation + 90 min cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 C. butter
- 6 eggs
- 3 C. white sugar
- 3 C. all-purpose flour
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour one 9x10 inch tube pan.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and mix well.
- Introduce the flour, one cup at a time while adding cream a little at a time until all flour and cream is mixed in well.
- Add the vanilla and lemon flavoring and blend well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1-1/2 hours or until center springs back from small amount of pressure. Immediately turn out on cake rack to cool.
Around The Web