Cabbage Beef Casserole
- 1 lb. ground round or chuck, or pork and beef mixed
- 2 medium-sized onions - diced
- 2 lb. (approx.) sliced and halved cabbage
- 1/2 lb. sliced carrots
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3/4 C. regular long grain rice
- 1 can beef broth (14 1/2 oz.)
- 1/2 C. water
In ducth oven or large heavy pan brown the ground meats and onions until lightly browned. Drain and remove from heat. Add the cabbage, carrots and seasonings and mix well. Add the rice to a 3 quart casserole. Spoon the beef/Cabbage mixture over the rice, then cover with the beef broth and water. Cover and bake for one hour and 15 minutes in a 350 degree F. oven. Stir all together after baking and serve.
Yield: 6 Servings.