Candy Cane Truffles
Serving Size / Yield
- 8 oz bag of chocolate chips
- 1/2 C Heavy cream
- 2 tsp Peppermint extract
- 1/2 C Cocoa powder
- 1/2 C Crushed candy canes
1. Mix the heavy cream and the peppermint extract and heat the mixture for 1 minute in a microwave.
2. Pour the heated mixture over chocolate chips, put in a small bowl, and refrigerate this for 3 hours.
3. Line the baking sheet with wax or parchment papers and drop spoonfuls of the mixture on the baking sheet.
4. Freeze the mixture for 45 minutes and prepare chocolate balls by rolling the doughs with clean hands.
5. Roll the balls first over a cocoa sheet, and then over a candy cane sheet to coat the truffles with cocoa and candy canes.