Cantaloupe Chicken Salad
- 3 C. cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 C. chopped tart green apples
- 3/4 C. chopped celery
- 1/4 C. sliced green onions
- 1/4 C. chopped pecans
- 1/2 C. fat-free reduced-sugar vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 C. reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 medium cantaloupe
- 6 lettuce leaves
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, apples, celery, onions and pecans. Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, curry and salt. Add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Meanwhile, place cantaloupe on its side and cut into six rings. Discard seeds and ends. With a sharp knife, cut off rind. To serve, place cantaloupe rings on lettuce-lined plates. Top with chicken salad.
Yield: 6 servings.