Caramel Apple Pie Cakes
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 box Duncan Hines Decadent Apple Caramel Cake mix
- 1 can Comstock Apple Pie filling
- 1 can Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Frosting Starter
- 1 packet Duncan Hines Apple Pie Frosting Creations Flavor Mix
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Oil or Melted Butter
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in muffin pans.
2. Prepare cake batter and caramel filling as directed on package.
3. Pour batter into cupcake liners, filling them half way. Top with a teaspoon of caramel filling. Top that with remaining cupcake batter, filling the liners no more than 1/3 full.
4. Bake in center of oven at 350°F until cupcakes are firm in center, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
5. Using a paring knife, cut a shallow circle from the top of the cupcake leaving a taller ¼ inch border of cake around the edges. This is your “pie crust”.
6. Fill the circle with a scant tablespoon of Comstock Apple pie filling.
7. Pour packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Apple Pie Flavor Mix into can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended.
8. Pipe two lines of frosting across cupcake. Turn cupcake ¼ turn and pipe two more lines of frosting to complete the lattice top. Pipe frosting around the edge of cupcake to complete your “pie crust”.