Serving Size / Yield
- 1 package of caramels
- 1-teaspoon butter
- 1-cup milk or full fat cream
- 1-teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dipping ingredients
- Toasted bread cubes
- Fruit wedges or cubes like apples, pears, bananas, orange, etc
- Sweet tea bread or cake cubes
1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, tip in the caramels, butter and milk and microwave on high for about 2 minutes. This will soften the candy and mix it with the milk or cream.
2. Check the melting texture of the caramel and make sure you reheat the caramels every 30-seconds until the caramels are completely mixed.
3. Pour the mixture into a fondue pot and serve it with the optional dipping ingredients with the long fondue forks.
You can always add more cream to the mixture to make it softer and to weaken the caramel.