Caramel-Pecan Brownie Trifle
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- Water, as called for on cake mix box
- Oil, as called for on cake mix box
- Eggs, as called for on cake mix box
- 1 small box chocolate fudge instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 C. milk
- 1/4 C. caramel topping
- 1 8 oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 C. chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make brownie mix as directed on box for fudge-like brownies in a 13x9x2-inch pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Make pudding mix as directed on package for pudding, using milk; refrigerate.
Cut brownies into 1-inch pieces with plastic knife or table knife. Stir caramel topping into whipped topping, using spoon or wire whisk. Layer half each of the brownies, pudding, walnuts and whipped topping mixture in 3-quart glass bowl; repeat with the rest of the brownies, pudding, walnuts and whipped topping mixture.
Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours before serving. Store covered in refrigerator.
Yield: 20 servings