Serving Size / Yield
- One and a quarter cups of butter
- One and seven eighths of a cup of brown sugar
- One half of a cup of corn syrup
- One and one eighth of a teaspoon of salt
- Half of a teaspoon of baking soda
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Five and a fourth quarts of popcorn
Step 1 - Preheat your oven to two hundred and fifty degrees Fahrenheit
Step 2 - Place the popcorn in a bowl.
Step 3 - In a saucepan over a medium heat, melt your butter, and stir in the sugar, salt, and corn syrup.
Step 4 - Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring.
Step 5 - Afterwards, boil without stirring for about four minutes.
Step 6 - Remove from the heat and mix in the vanilla and soda.
Step 7 - Pour slowly over the popcorn, making sure to coat.
Step 8 - Place the popcorn on two shallow baking dishes and proceed to bake for an hour, stirring every fifteen minutes.
Step 9 - Remove from the oven and let cool.