Caramelized Onion and Gorgonzola Bruschetta
- 1/3 C. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil, divided
- 1 lg. onion, thinly sliced
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices*
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 pkg. Bertolli® Premium Sun Ripened Tomato & Olive Pasta Sauce
- 1 C. crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 Tbs. toasted pine nuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Heat 2 Tbs. olive oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onion, stirring frequently, 15 minutes or until onion is golden.
Arrange bread on baking sheet. Evenly rub with garlic, then brush with remaining olive oil. Bake 10 minutes or until golden. Evenly spread pasta sauce on bread, then top with cheese, onion and pine nuts. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
*SUBSTITUTION: Use your favorite prepared pizza crust instead of bread for a quick meal.