Cat Cora's Greek Chopped Salad
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/2 C. Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper Wonderful Almond Accents
- 2 lg. cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 C. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 C. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 6 lg. ripe tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 med. red onion, chopped
- 1 C. crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 C. pitted kalamata olives, halved
1) In a small skillet over medium-high heat, sauté garlic in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, stirring often, until garlic is caramelized and slightly crunchy. Be careful not to burn.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together remaining olive oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper.
3) Add tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, feta and olives. Mix well.
4) Stir in caramelized garlic and Wonderful Almond Accents just before serving.