Cat Cora's Wild Rice and Almond-Pomegranate Pilaf Stuffing
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 3.5-oz. package Sweet Roasted with Pomegranate Wonderful Almond Accents, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3/4 C. finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh savory (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 2 14-oz. cans reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 C. water
- 1 1/2 C. uncooked wild rice
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
1) Melt butter in a wide-covered skillet. Add onion, thyme and savory; cook 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat until onion is softened.
2) Add broth and water (being careful of any steam). Stir in wild rice. Bring to a simmer; cover and simmer over low heat 50 to 60 minutes until rice is just tender and kernels puff open. Fluff with a fork and simmer uncovered a few minutes to cook off any excess liquid, or drain.
3) Stir in Wonderful Almond Accents, parsley and black pepper to taste. Serve alongside poultry or use as stuffing in a roasted whole bird.