- 2 catfish fillets, approximately 8 oz. each
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (or to taste)
- 1 jalapeno or habanero pepper (or to taste)
- 1 small onion, sliced in strips
- 2 large sandwich rolls
- 1/2 red and/or yellow pepper, seeded and sliced in strips
- 2 Tbs. tomato paste
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
Using spoon handle slice roll leaving one side intact and scoop bread from top and bottom. Set aside. Sauté garlic, peppers & tomato paste in olive oil. Add lime juice.
Cook until blended, approximately 3-5 min. Add 1/2 C. water and cook until absorbed. Make space in pan and add fillets. Baste fillets with sauce. Place in broiler for approximately 8 minutes. In bottom "well" of roll put peppers, then fish fillet, then peppers.