Cavatelli with Ricotta and Fresh Tomato Sauce
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 16-oz. bag frozen cavatelli
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed with press
- 4 med. tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3/4 C. part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 C. freshly grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
In large saucepot, cook pasta as directed. Meanwhile, in nonstick 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes break up slightly, about 5 minutes.
Drain cavatelli; transfer to warm serving bowl. Stir in cheeses. Pour tomato mixture on top; toss before serving.
Each serving: About 455 calories, 20g protein, 71g carbohydrate, 11g total fat (5g sat.), 40mg cholesterol, 560 sodium.