Chantilly Carrot Cake
- 1 pkg. yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding (4 serving size)
- 4 eggs
- 1 C. water, or pineapple juice
- 1/3 C. vegetable oil
- 2 C. fresh carrots, grated
- 1 15 1/4 oz. can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding (6 serving size)
- 1/2 C. chopped pecans
- 1 12 oz. container Cool Whip; thawed
- Pineapple tidbits for garnish (Use the juice from the tidbits in the cake in place of some of the water, if desired)
Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour three 9" round cake pans
Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water (or juice) and oil in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Fold carrots into batter; divide evenly between the 3 prepared pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until pick comes out clean. Cool in pans 15 minutes, remove to wire rack to cool completely.
To make frosting, combine pineapple, pudding mix and pecans. Fold in whipped topping. Place one cake layer on a serving plate, spread with about 1/4 the frosting (about 1 1/2 C.). Repeat layering 2 more times. Frost sides and top with remaining frosting. Garnish with pineapple tidbits, if desired. Refrigerate till ready to serve.