Cheese and Bacon Quiche
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 Partially Baked Pie Pastry
- 3 lg. eggs
- 3/4 C. milk
- 3/4 C. Non-Fat Plain Voskos Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 4 oz. Gruyère cheese, grated
- 1/4 C. freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Prepare the pastry as directed in the recipe and set aside. In a large bowl beat the eggs, then beat in the milk, yogurt, salt, pepper, and nutmeg until well blended. Mix in the bacon.
Spread the cheese evenly over the bottom of the partially baked pastry. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese.
Bake in preheated 375°F oven about 35 minutes or until the custard is set and a knife inserted into it comes out clean.
Serve at once.
Recipe courtesy of Voskos Greek Yogurt.