Cheese Ravioli with Fresh Vegetables
- 1 lb. mini round cheese ravioli
- 1/4 C. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove fresh garlic chopped
- 2 7 oz. jars roasted red peppers, sliced in strips
- 1 C. fresh zucchini, sliced moons
- 1/2 C. black olives, sliced
- 1 C. chicken broth
- Grated Parmesan to taste
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley to taste
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
To make sauce, heat olive oil over medium heat in saucepan. Add roasted red pepper strips, zucchini moons and black olives. Cook while stirring for 2 minutes or until the zucchini is cooked to desired texture, then add chicken broth. Simmer sauce for 2 minutes. Season with salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
To make pasta, prepare pasta when sauce is complete. Use a large pot to boil pasta. Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until they float, approximately 3 minutes or 160 degrees internal temperature. Remove pasta from boiling water and lightly mix with sauce.
Plating suggestion: Place sauced pasta on serving plate then top with grated Parmesan and
Tip: Toss the pasta in a small amount of olive oil after cooking to prevent sticking.