Cheesecake Factory Original Cheesecake with Strawberry Topping
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 1/2 C. crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 5 Tbs. butter, melted
- 4 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 C. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbs. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 C. whipping cream
- 3 C. fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1/4 C. sugar (omit if using sweetened, frozen berries)
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch
- 2-3 drops red food coloring
- 1 C. fresh or individually frozen berries, cleaned and hulled (use whole or if preferred, cut into smaller pieces)
Preheat Oven to 425 degrees F.
Fill a large pan filled with ½ water in oven
To make topping:
In a glass bowl, cut the strawberries in quarters and sprinkle with sugar. Mix well and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Mix graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon and margarine until
Press crumbs into the bottom of the pan and line with parchment paper.
Freeze crust until solid
Mix cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, salt and vanilla with an electric mixer and blend until creamy, scraping the sides. Whisk eggs and add to cream cheese mixture. Mix until well blended.
Pour the cheesecake mix into the crust and carefully place into the water bath. Bake for 12 minutes, then turn down oven to 350 degrees F and bake until the top of the cake turns golden. Then, let cheesecake cool on a rack.
Pour topping on cheesecake and serve!