Cheesy Beef and Spinach Pasta Bake
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 jar chunky tomato, garlic, and onion sauce
- 1 (6 oz.) bag spinach
- 2 C. water
- 1 C. part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 oz. uncooked rotini pasta
- 3/4 C. shredded mozzarella cheese
heat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat. Drain well. Wilt the spinach in another skillet with 2 Tbs. water until soft. Set aside.
Combine the sauce and water in a large bowl. Stir in the browned beef, ricotta, spinach, Parmesan cheese, and uncooked pasta. Pour the mixture into a 13 x 9 baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 55 minutes. Remove the foil and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered for another 5 minutes and let stand for 10 minutes.