Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Monkey Bread
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 8 oz. cans Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 3/4 C. canned sliced jalapeño chiles, drained
- 2 3 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbs. butter, melted
- 1/3 C. cornmeal
- 1 C. Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking spray. Unroll each can of dough into 1 large rectangle; if using crescent roll dough, press perforations to seal. Cut each rectangle into 8 rows by 3 rows, to make 24 pieces per rectangle (48 pieces of dough total).
- Place chile slice on center of dough piece; top with about 1/2 teaspoon cream cheese. Pull corners up, and pinch to seal; roll into a ball. Holding seam side down, brush top and sides with butter. Roll in cornmeal, and place seam side down in pan. Repeat with remaining dough. Drizzle remaining butter on top.
- Bake 23 to 27 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cool 1 minute. Serve warm.
Around The Web