- 1 (5-inch) wheel Brie cheese (15 to 16 oz.)
- 1/4 C. cherry jelly, preserves or spread
- 1/2 C. coarsely chopped dried tart cherries
- 1/4 C. coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 t. grated orange peel
- Water crackers or French bread slices
Refrigerate Brie until chilled and firm (or freeze 30 minutes). Cut Brie in half horizontally. Place jelly in a small microwave-safe container. Microwave on High (100%) power 25 to 30 seconds or until melted. Combine melted jelly, cherries, pecans and orange peel; mix well. Reserve 1/4 C. Spread remaining cherry mixture evenly on cut side of one piece of Brie. Top with the other piece, cut-side down. Lightly press together. Microwave on High (100%) power 40 to 50 seconds or until cheese is soft, but not runny. Lightly press top section into cherry mixture. Top Brie with reserved cherry mixture and garnish as desired. Serve with crackers or bread. Makes about 20 appetizer servings.