Chi Chi's Chicken Nachos Grande
24 hour preparation + 10 min cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 C. water
- 2-3 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
- 2 tsp. white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. liquid smoke
- pressed garlic clove
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8-10 corn tortilla chips
- 1 C. salsa
- 2 C. Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1/4 C. green onion, chopped
- 1 or 2 red or green jalapeno peppers, seeded and sliced into 8-10 pieces
- Any or all of the following for toppings- extra salsa, cheese, diced jalapenos, onions, sour cream, guacamole, shredded lettuce
- Mix the water, lime juice, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and optional liquid smoke. Pour into a resealable plastic bag or a glass bowl. Add the chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight, or for at least 3 hours.
- After marinating, grill the chicken on either an outdoor or indoor grill. If using a charcoal grill, there is no need for the liquid smoke. Cook for about 10 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink. Cut up the chicken into bite sized pieces, or shred.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spread about 1 or 2 tablespoons of salsa on each tortilla chip. Top each tortilla chip with the shredded chicken, then cheese, onions, and a slice of jalapeno.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Top with optional sour cream, salsa, shredded lettuce, and/or guacamole.
Around The Web