Chicken and Mushroom Stew
Serving Size / Yield
- cooking spray
- 10 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/2 C. frozen chopped onion
- 8 oz. button mushrooms
- 1/2 C. fat-free reduced-sodium canned chicken broth
- 2 Tbs. dry white wine or additional chicken broth
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp. tarragon, crushed dried
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 C. frozen stew vegetables
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Lightly coat heavy nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add onion, chicken and mushrooms. Cook over high heat, Stirring often, until chicken begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Lower the heat to medium. Add the broth, wine, herbs and frozen vegetables.
Stir the cornstarch into the lemon juice until smooth. Add to the skillet and stir until well incorporated. Bring the stew to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove the herb sprigs and bay leaf before serving.