Chicken and Sausage Holiday Wreath
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 6 oz. bulk pork sausage
- 8 oz. onion and chive cream cheese spread
- 9 oz. cooked shredded chicken
- 1/4 C. each chopped green and red bell pepper
- 3 medium scallions, chopped
- 2 medium jalapeños, seeds removed as desired
- 6 oz. grated pepper jack or Swiss cheese
- 6 oz. mozzarella, grated
- 6 oz. water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/4 C. Marzetti slaw dressing
- 1 to 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 11.25 oz. tubes crescent rolls
- 1 to 2 tsp. hot sauce, optional
Heat oil in a skillet, add sausage, and cook until no longer pink. Put in a large bowl.
Add all other ingredients, except the crescent rolls, mix well, cover and chill for one hour.
Meanwhile spray a 10 inch pizza pan with non stick spray.
Open the crescent rolls and arrange them in a circle on the pizza pan, long pointy end facing out, short fat ends overlapping.
Put scoops of about 3 rounded tablespoons all around the wreath on the widest part of the dough triangle.
Fold the long pointy ends back over the filling, and tuck in the center to keep it neat.
Bake in a pre heated 375° oven until golden, maybe 20 minutes or so.
Slice in sections of about 1 inches wide.
Submitted by: Jane Mc Millan