Chicken & Bean Chili
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 sm. red pepper, chopped
- 3 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs. ground cumin
- 2 C. Swanson® Chicken Broth (or Swanson® Chicken Stock)
- 2 15-oz. cans great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 16-oz. jar Pace® Picante Sauce
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 med. avocado, cubed
Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and pepper and cook until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add the flour and cumin and cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in the broth. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens.
Stir the beans, picante sauce and chicken in the saucepot and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top with the cheese and avocado, if desired.
This recipe is brought to you by Campbell's®. Make Great Meals. Get Great Smiles. It's Amazing What Soup Can Do.