Chicken Bruschetta Sandwiches
- 2 C. chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/2 C. minced fresh basil
- 1/3 C. finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 C. Italian salad dressing, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 oz. each)
- 4 slices Italian bread (1 in. thick), toasted
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, onion and 1/2 cup dressing; set aside. Flatten chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with remaining dressing. Layer each slice of toast with a chicken breast, cheese slice and tomato mixture.