Chicken, Chorizo and Bean Bake
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 pieces chicken
- 1 can white beans, drained
- 1/2 a lemon, sliced
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 C. chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon pimentón de la vera (Spanish paprika)
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Optional: shredded Mexican cheese for topping
Place drained beans in baking dish and pour chicken stock over them. Add chicken. Cover with lemons, chorizo and garlic. Drizzle olive oil over the entire thing. Sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
Cook in 400 degree F oven for 45 minutes or until chicken is done.Recipe adapted from Donna Hay’s Smoked Paprika Chicken and Lemon Bake and seen on 80 Breakfasts.
Top with cheese if desired.